Advertisement

Responsive Advertisement

SOMETIMES TWO IS BETTER THAN ONE

I received some little bundles of fine merino wool the other day from Nui Milton, the owner of Casalana Farm in Western Australia.  Her merino fiber is some of the finest fiber in the biz, gorgeous, white and crimpy.



I started to wash a bundle with just Unicorn Power Scour and it was not getting all the grey out of the dirty tips. So then I washed another bundle with just Namaste Scour the Scoundrel fiber shampoo and the same thing...still grey, dirty tips.  

So I washed it with both fiber soaps and the merino came ultra white clean! This is how I did it.



The bundles come with two rubber bands, one near the top and one near the bottom of the bundle. I snipped the top rubber band.  I then flicked the tips opening them up so the fiber shampoo would penetrate the fiber better.



I wet the top half of the little bundle and gently massaged in some Scour the Scoundrel fiber shampoo into the fibers. I let it sit for about 25 minutes.


And as you can see after I rinsed it the fibers still had some greyish dirt on them.


So I took a 8 x 10 baking dish, filled it with hot water and about a 1/2 an ounce of Unicorn Power Scour and placed the locks in so they retained their orientation.



They immediately turned a brilliant white!  I let the fiber sit about 10 minutes and rinsed them keeping them organized.




This was one instance where two fiber soaps worked miracles on a fiber that one could not clean alone.  I love that I have options for fiber soaps and sometimes the partnership can be a beautiful thing.




Leave a comment below and follow this blog to be entered in the giveaway for Unicorn Power Scour, Unicorn Rinse and Unicorn Wash samples packets. You will receive 10 sample packets of each.  Giveaway ends on Sunday March 8th.  A winner will be chosen at random. Please leave your email in the comments so the winner can be contacted.


Post a Comment

18 Comments

  1. Awesome Mary!! I'd love to try those products!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your tutorials. I just tried Unicorn this week and I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Unicorn Power Scour is the BOMB!!! Not only is it the best thing I have found to clean fiber, but it also indispensable if you have naughty cats like mine who pee where they shouldn't. I saved a down comforter that one of my cats peed on by putting a squirt of Power Scour in the wash. Don't know how I ever lived without it. Not to mention it smells WONDERFUL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post! I love unicorn scour, wash and rinse, just started using them. I'm looking forward to trying scour the scoundrel soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post! I love unicorn scour, wash and rinse, just started using them. I'm looking forward to trying scour the scoundrel soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really nice. I've never used anything but generic dawn and washing powder. I can only process in the summer because of the potential to make my septic tank very angry.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'll have to try this some time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice. I have a hate-hate relationship with Merino, because it's really dirty and I have always had a hard time getting it clean. Now I know what to do!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. D baker!! You are the WINNER of the samples. Thank you everyone for playing. Please email me at info@camajfiberarts.com and leave your address so I can ship your goodies!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for sharing Mary��

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your blog is very useful and provides tremendous facts. Keep up the good work. Get More Detail About Stainless Steel Fibre

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete