Advertisement

Responsive Advertisement

Fed Ex or Bust
 
 
   Camaj Fiber Arts has been in business officially (that means making enough sales to file taxes:) since 2011. Man has it been fun! I have met the most amazing people and call all my customers "friend".

  I started the fiber processing, dying and spinning in 2010 when I lived in Utah, started the festival circuit in 2011, along with tending to 25 alpacas, opened my Etsy shop in 2011 and started importing luxurious fibers in 2012.
 
  We moved to Florida in 2012 to be near my daughter who, at the time, was pregnant with twin boys. She has become my master packer and shipper and together we have continued to grow the business. And I can't wait till she gets that accounting CPA degree and then she can be my master bookkeeper. Only a year and a half to go.
 
  It's so interesting to me how a business evolves and changes direction in ways you didn't even know it would ever take you. I never thought I would find myself mostly in the silk end of fibers, though I still absolutely adore all sorts of animal fibers.

  Fast forward to 2014. I have, together with one of my excellent silk suppliers, developed an outstanding, high end silk waste product called Soffsilk™  . It has changed the face of silk wastes currently on the market. We signed a contract to now be the sole distributor of Soffsilk™  in the US.

  I'm also proud to say that the Soffsilk™   is also carried by the Woolery, which by the way , the owners are the nicest people in the world. I love working with nice people.
 
  We became a proud member of TNNA in 2013 and will be doing our very first trade show in April along with three other fiber shows this year.

     Camaj Fiber Arts has also been chosen to participate in the Fed Ex Small Business Grant contest. This is exciting!  It puts us in the running to win $10,000 to further our little, growing business. And honestly, I would not be at this moment without all of you!  Thank you all for your love, support and friendship.  I truly appreciate each and everyone of you.  I can't wait to see what the future holds for Camaj Fiber Arts and I'm along for the ride wherever it takes me.

   So won't you please vote for Camaj Fiber Arts for the Fed Ex Small Business Grant contest so we can continue to find amazing fibers and sell them at even more amazing prices for your spinning and crafting pleasure. 

 
 

p.s.  You can cast one vote everyday till Feburary 23, 2014




 

 
  
 

    

Post a Comment

3 Comments